Wednesday, 8 March 2017

Celebrating Women's Day - The change I want

So today is Women's Day. First and the foremost, wishing all the women out there a very happy occasion. May we keep up with the virtues of womanhood which is strength, hope, love, care, integrity, earning credentials and the list is on...

Today, it does feel a little different. May be occasions/special days have a certain impact over the human psychology. I feel as if I have really drunk boost and actually feeling strong! I feel energetic even though I had slept less than four hours last night and did not have a nap the whole day. After so long I have also applied nail paint and it looks nice. Have also made a video featuring all those women who teach me important lessons of life and motivate me at various fronts but when I am posting it here, its not taking. I wonder why. Ungrateful blogger! Wishes showering from everywhere make me feel good and special though. I am grateful to them.

If you ask how does it feel like being a woman, I'd say - It feels rare and precious, beautiful and hopeful; sad too because of the crimes happening. Being a woman can also be stressing and daunting but then everyone has to go through such phases, more or less. Over all, it feels good to be a woman.

But I'd also like a change. I'd like to endorse girls' education. I'd like to abolish female infanticide. I'd like to encourage girls and women to speak up. I'd like men to stop considering women as toys or an object of their entertainment/time pass. I'd like to teach boys and men the importance of gender equality. I'd like to praise those women who have gone beyond their boundaries, have done beyond their best. I'd like to raise a toast to the courage and confidence rural women are now gaining. I'd also like to applaud all those men who are selfless and working for the betterment of the other half of the society. 

And I'd like to work towards one or all of the above.

So much on the name of wanting one change. But it starts from one, from the root level. If being asked, what change would you like to make to make this world a better place for women?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stopping by to leave a comment? That's a good gesture :)