Friday, 17 February 2017

The Naked Face by Sheldon

Today I finished reading The Naked Face by Sidney Sheldon. It took me two weeks to finish it. If you see the book, you will realize that the book should not last more than four or five days, a week may be. But two weeks sounds a little stretched. But I enjoyed reading it. Took my sweet time and thought about Sheldon and his protagonist, Judd Stevens. 

It's a murder mystery. Someone is out to kill Judd but who? Who could that be? The whole story revolves around it, exactly the way our pretty earth takes an inspection of the glowing sun. Somewhere the book is interesting. Sheldon has managed it well but over all? I am not sure. I did not like the book much. It felt Sheldon has tried to create unnecessary mystery out of nothing. Using big words of psychoanalysis (Judd is a psychoanalyst) does not work. At least for me. Thankfully I am not on any panel to judge this book or else...Sheldon's next murder mystery would be aimed at Me.

The only thing I liked in this book could be - the characterization of Judd's various patients. Sheldon has created an eclectic collection for Judd who seems to understand each one of them. Their problems and how Judd sees them and does the analysis is good. He is patient, understanding and his patients' privacy is his ulterior motive. There Sheldon has scored some points.

Next is Bleachers by Grisham. Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stopping by to leave a comment? That's a good gesture :)