Tuesday, 21 February 2017

Speak it out to be heard.

Remember one of my recent posts where I had talked of my mother and how she drenched me with motherly warmth? Here is the post Soak into the warmth. Read it first because the one I am writing now is its sequel.

In a few relationships, you have to act more as a Giver. You don't expect much in exchange and keep giving your time and energy to those precious people. One of them are parents. You keep in touch even when they get surprisingly busy and also when hours turn into days and days turn into weeks until they find some time and make a call to you. In the meanwhile, you play the role of Jesus, forgiving them wholeheartedly. But sometimes you do get crucified! After all, everyone has a line of patience. Don't judge me as keeping quiet is absolutely okay. You only mean to give them free space after a while so that they can continue doing their work and finish them while, you, at your place and position, too are continuing with your work in order to meet the deadline.

So I simply allowed my mother to have her breathing space and let her finish her busy schedule. In simpler words, I stopped making calls and let her be. It's important! She called yesterday in reply to my missed call. Love sometimes comes out in grudges and grunts. I could not resist any further and complained that she does not have time for me anymore. No matter whether the world is tumbling up and down, she gotta have some time to talk to her only elder daughter. She listened and laughed. How else she was supposed to handle it?

By making a call to me...all by herself...without me reminding or placing a message.

So she called today on her own and then we talked. Somewhere i thought I did a good thing putting forward the complaint. I said and that was why, I was heard. She said, 'Now you can't say I don't call you. See! I got some time for you before I hit the treadmill'. She does not jog as I do but loves to walk. We talked for some time and Jesus was happy once again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stopping by to leave a comment? That's a good gesture :)