Saturday, 11 February 2017

Do not give up to the failure

After wasting time skilfully (???) on Facebook after a loonngg hectic day, I am finally settled in the warmth of my blanket with a big piece of tranquility. By the way, I had one of a yummy cake this evening. No occasions. Got one as gift. So savored with family, society kids and a few friends.

Now staring at the screen thinking about what to write here, I finally decided to take help. Two minds get more ideas or that's what I believe. So my kid is sleeping next to me (or trying to sleep, you can say). I turned to him and asked to give me something from your day on which I can write as a blog post here. That post will be dedicated to you only. In a blink, he said - We should not lose ourselves to the failure.

Very good point. Upon asked, he said - 

'This morning when I went to play T.T. with my friends, I lost four matches but then I won the fifth one. When I lost one, I said to myself I'd work hard. When I lost the 2nd time, I said I'd work hard. When I lost the 3rd one, I said to myself I'd work hard but when I lost the fourth one, I said, Alright! Now I am going to play my best and finally won the fifth match.'

Great! I thought. Then I asked about his feelings, reactions, the stir one gets after a pile of failures. Did he feel any? He said, 'No. I just thought to myself that I'd work hard'. He continued:

'Then I played again in the evening and stood 2nd in the championship. If I had given up, I'd never be able to win. So I'd say, never lose yourself to the failure.'

Don't we all know this already? That giving up does not help? That determination, self-preservation and confident work wonders to win? But it was nice to hear from a kid. My Kid. 

Sadhguru of Isha Foundation says, We should not teach children. Instead, we should learn from them.

How aptly said!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stopping by to leave a comment? That's a good gesture :)