Monday, 26 December 2016

My new venture - Pick'A Book Club - For Kids

This one probably will be the last blog post of this year. I am too busy to find time and write about every single event that's keeping me in a constant run but that's what I like to do - being super busy! And by speaking of it, I have got my New Year Resolution (NYR) - Being busy through out 2017. Simple, yes but highly recommended.

As the end of another year, it's getting a little worse. Terrible events one after the another are enough to drown a soul nicely and now I don't think I have anymore energy left to handle one more in the series. So let's have a merry chit-chat about a fraction of my busy life.

I have started a book club at my home. A book club is a dedicated space for the intended crowd designed majorly for Book Reading. Since I am a reader myself and the owner of a little library, it's hard for the importance of reading to escape. Hence, to encourage my society kids to get into the habit of book reading, I started this venture. It started on December 1st this year and may I dare say that it's going well! Kids and their parents are loving it. And above all, I love doing it too! It's very important to love what you do. Like I love writing, playing on my First Crush and now this book club start up. The idea is supposed to be permanent. but hey! Let's hear the name of my club. It is - Pick'A Book Club - For Kids. Nice name, isn't it? My friends and family helped me selecting it.

Click on this link Pick'A Book Club - For Kids to have a canvas of pictures taken through out the last four sessions. Fifth and the last of this month is on its way though. In those four sessions, we had multiple book readings, fun activities preceded by healthy snacks. I thought adding some fun but skilled activities will help kids learn many things viz. benefits of reading, basics of friendship, handling issues such as bullying and shyness, communication, networking, building confidence, breaking inhibitions and developing self-esteem etc. The list is endless, if you think of it. But the amazing fact about this book club is that, I too learn quite a lot in the process. It may sound simple to have a session with kids but it goes as tough as it sounds. Handling a batch of kids of different ages is a challenge! Many-a-times, you have to be sporty and thoughtful on spot. If one kid is teasing the other and the latter is not liking it, you are expected to solve the issue in a friendly way. You see, you have to be much more soft spoken, well in communication and in control than the normal. Thankfully, there are no complaints but all praise so far. My basic aim for running this book club is to consider it more as a responsibility and then I will be able to run it efficiently. I love every part of it!

Just last Thursday we had Christmas celebration. It was a total fun and an unforgettable evening for kids as well as for me.



Now that I have my writings, First Crush to strum on, and the book club - I feel blessed. They keep me amazingly busy and I have no complaints. I wouldn't know what to do/how to survive if life wasn't a sum of these activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stopping by to leave a comment? That's a good gesture :)