Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Coelho and his soulful writing.

When something keeps putting you under its spell, you know the magic is working well. The same goes with writing and when it comes to writing, Coelho is the best magician I can anytime bet.

My current circle-of-hypnotism is Brida. It's about a girl named Brida who wants to learn magic. She goes to the Magus who in turn instantly realizes she is his Soul Mate but refrains to tell her. The book is largely 'bout magic, learning Traditions of the Sun and the Moon, witches, cathedrals, previous lives and more. I have only finished ~32% of it. So there is naturally much more in the stock to mesmerize upon.

Whenever I read Coelho, I feel so real, so original. He gives invisible wings to his readers while keeping their toes perfectly on the ground; he lets the reader enjoy the two worlds, two supreme powers at once. Such as Brida, his other novels, be it The Zahir or Adultery, deserve a complete seclusion from the world. You just can't read him between a chaos or routine noise. His writings are soulful, and you can feel him writing and thinking about it at the time of reading. Of course I agree that editors do play a huge role in shaping up the final version but they cannot take the essence of narrative, spirits of words and the magic of thoughts. Only the author has the sole copyright over them. Coelho, I find, is unbeatable in his work. Some of the verses from Brida are very heart-touching because he has placed them so aptly. Like the below one:

'Nothing in the world is ever completely wrong, my dear,' said her father looking at the clock, 'Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.'

Or,

'We can also allow our Soul Mate to pass us by, without accepting him or her, or even noticing. Then we will need another incarnation in order to find that Soul Mate. And because of our selfishness, we will be condemned to the worst torture humankind ever invented for itself: loneliness.'

Or take this one:

'Judging oneself to be inferior to the other people was one of the worst acts of pride he knew, because it was the most destructive way of being different.'

And so on... There are just so many beautiful quotes and thoughts enclosed in the book. I read his books when I am completely alone, or people around me are quite at a distance. Diving in his extra-ordinary mind is a privilege. I am even thinking to put a big poster of him on one of the walls in my house.

I desire to meet him one day. Why not? He is my favorite author, after all. I want to see him thinking and writing; how he is weaving his magic and choosing to use the right spell at the right time. May be a selfie with him would be good to tuck in on the wall next to his poster. One day may be...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stopping by to leave a comment? That's a good gesture :)