Sunday, 12 June 2016

That first step - Shivani's Canvas.

Logic will take you from A to B but imagination will take you everywhere.
                         - Einstein

And so do you and I believe.

They say talent stays and grows regardless of the age, gender, religion etc. She was good in academics. She won several Gold Medals, numerous certificates, and outstanding accolades enough to fill a considerably large showcase. She has always been in good books of the teachers as well as friends. People love her and so do I.

I am talking about my younger sister who is now trying her naive hands on sketching, painting and similar stuff but once you look at her creations. the naivety of her hands, I am sure, will surely amaze you...will make you think how a simple seed of interest has grown magnificently at such big level. Her name is Shivani and I am very delighted to share that she has started her presence on Facebook by the name of - Shivani's Canvas. Isn't that a lovely name?! Also, she has not learned how to draw and sketch from any institute. She does all of it on her own using her own chunk of imaginations, putting gigantic efforts in the process. And that's what makes her creativity something to look forward to!

As per the current collection, she has put Bollywood celebrities (such as Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai, Saif Ali Khan, Akshay Kumar, Sridevi, Deepika Padukone,  Iliana D'cruz, Alia Bhatt etc.), my favorite Ian Somerhalder, 2D and 3D images, and paintings on her canvas. And every time she creates something, she sends it to us for the review and then on the basis of our feedback, she works harder and with better precision next time. Sculpting her free time into a well accentuated hobby, she has certainly taken it on a very different level and I am very happy about it. Creating a social media presence is a responsibility and now that she has taken it, I hope she continues with the best of her caliber in the future as well.

Here are a few examples...

Her first attempt at 3D.

The collage of her creations.
She made it for me.

Hrithik Roshan

First attempt at painting

I remember when I was going to sleep in afternoon just two days ago. She called and asked me what I was doing and when she heard I was about to sleep (because she knows I have trouble sleeping), she said she could talk later. I insisted on the matter and then she said she has published her page. I was delighted! And truly a proud big sister! I still am. I ditched my sleeping fit and woke up my laptop. After scanning her page for a good time, I congratulated her and also dispensed some tips. She needs it! The encouragement, the support, love, the sense of achievement, and who else can better give all of it to her except her family and true friends.We share a lot of things and nothings. Her husband, Sachin, too has done a commendable job by encouraging her endlessly. I am elated that she has found a true support pillar in him. 

Now that I have finally found some time to write for her, I am splashing her colors and strokes all across my pages. I was so joyous when she had said she has started her FB page. Because none of us had ever thought she would take it to such a big level. I really adore the size of efforts and imaginations she puts in each of her creations. When she picks the pencil, the world seemingly mingles into the background, waiting for something beautiful to emerge. And it sure does! She says I inspired her to start all of it while her hard work inspires me back, telling me to pour more efforts in my writing. Well, this is the perfect example of creativity inspiring creativity. :)

Please like and share her page as much as you can. Wishing her all the best, here is the link. Let creativity prevail in its efforts.
 
Shivani's Canvas 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful drawings.
    She gets that extra boost from her hubby's support.

    ReplyDelete

Stopping by to leave a comment? That's a good gesture :)