Monday, 21 March 2016

A day in clippings.

As I sipped my evening routine in a white mug, it was lovely to read the newspaper. As usual, I was indulged when a few news/information caught my attention. I decided to click them and share on my blog because they stood apart in the herd.

This clip opened my eyes about when an elephant needs coffee, it must be a jug of coffee, not a mug of coffee. I laughed heartily over it while the entire news warmed my heart at a great extent. It is about a 48 day camp set up by the officials at Thuthookudi, Bangalore (at the cost of Rs. 1.04 crore but provided free to mahouts and their elephants) hailed as a vacation camp for animals.

'They didn't want to leave at its end', said the official. (Who would want to if you get fed with nutrition-rich food, get leisurely long bathing sessions, free medical service and a giant chance to walk around for free, not for the throng.) Wonderful to say the least.







                                                                       ---------xxxxx------

 This one comes from Mumbai where Sanket Avlani gives auto-rickshaws and taxis a whole new look with a unique genre of paintings and arts. But can't figure out why the article writer has called it a kitsch art because when I looked closely at the picture, I found the art appealing rather than weird in downside terms. A creative approach though.




                                                           -----------xxxxx----------

I was so happy a few days back when the plastic ban got introduced to the whole of Karnataka. That day (Friday) I posted on my author page:

'The ban on plastic in the State has turned out to be a boon for manufacturers of paper bags. They have reported a spurt in interest with retailers, hotels and restaurants. Paper bags are being seen as the obvious replacement for plastic bags.' - The Hindu (March 18, 2016)

I am just trying to imagine the thread of smiles on the faces of millennia of people involved in paper bag manufacturing. And truth be told, I don't have to put much of efforts to do it. Finally the city officials gave me a reason to smile a little.more today.

And today, this news just made me happier!



-------------xxxxx-----------

 Below is from Comic Relief where graphic novelist Appupen brings his creativity, agony, anger and sophistication on canvas in comic sense. Laudable and easy-to-remember for sure. Have a look and laugh.



They say - Mimicry is the best form of flattery and seeing the below picture, it just proves right for the artists.



                                                           -----------xxxxx------------


Below is an interesting article where I got to learn fascinating facts about India and Japan in terms of our goddess Saraswati (such as - There is a Ganesha temple in Tokyo and has been worshiped since 1,000 years. It is also the oldest temple.)


------------xxxxx------------

And her leisurely approach for Jockey Leisure Wear is pretty much engaging. Her smile is quite exuberant and I simply clicked for the sake of it.

 ------------xxxxx----------

Now I gotta run for my walk. Contradictory I realize but I have to go. Keep smiling, always.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stopping by to leave a comment? That's a good gesture :)