Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Did I do anything wrong?

Sumit has joined a new company after working for five years in the previous one. I thought to gift him a tablet (gadget, not the medicine) as in to say best wishes for his new venture. I searched like a maniac and asked few people in the process. Finally after juggling with many options, I settled down for Samsung. I got a nice Samsung tablet in my budget (Okay! Not in my budget as I had to pay a little extra but the reaction with which Sumit spurted out on receiving it made it worth going extravagant) and ordered it online. He loves to read news all the time and checking on his email accounts and Facebook and so many other sites. His laptop has stopped working and I doubt it will ever be fine again. Also, he hasn't updated his handset yet, I thought to solve his predicament by giving him a nice gadget. Hence, I bought a tablet.

When he returned from his office on the first day and I gifted him the tab, he went all shocked and amused. He couldn't believe I was giving him such a nice gift. Anyway, it's my habit to keep gifting people (only to those whom I love). He was so happy that he hugged me and said thank you. He looked like a small kid who had received his first award without putting an iota of effort in it (I did all the frantic online research and went to the electronic shops while he sat comfortably in his AC office ;)). I was so delighted to see him happy. Then he went busy with the tab to understand its functions.

Since that day whenever he is at home, he keeps working on his tab. I even tease him by saying that someone has gotten ill. That is why he is with a *tablet* all the time but his attitude drains my efforts to catch his attention. He will look up at me, throw a terse smile and if I am privileged, I'd receive a grin and then again he will go back to his tab screen, searching for I-don't-know-what.

Now I think did I do anything wrong gifting him a tab? Because this gadget is seriously giving me a challenge. I am forced to think who is more interesting. I want to console myself by taking my side but when I witness Sumit staring mostly at his tab, I feel jealous and inferior and out of the place. Now you tell me.

Did I do anything wrong? Should I throw that competitor out of my home? ;)



4 comments:

  1. Not at all dear....I am just exploring the tab :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O really? And for how long it will take to explore? A lifetime? ;)

      Delete
  2. i think he should gift u a tablet too so that u cud make him jealous too :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got a good mobile. Also I have laptop. But if thinks of gifting me anything, I'd love to have a Kindle reader but I know...he is not as generous as I am ;)

      Delete

Stopping by to leave a comment? That's a good gesture :)