Friday, 30 August 2013

"I am giving you The Iron Woman" :D

This, rather a funny anecdote, happened last Sunday. I was ironing some cloths at home. Nearby were my husband and son playing together. Our son, Ashmit, was getting hyper to watch Iron Man but neither of us were allowing him to do so. The onset of fictitious characters like Iron Man, Spiderman, Batman, Captain America, the concoction saga of all the super heroes The Avengers etc. have made watching movies a frenzy, frantic dose of a mania that can never be effective in any way for the children. Kids just can't stop watching them over and over again. There may happen the possibility of them to hop on the back seat after a while but their sequels never allow them to do so. We have to control their exposure towards the cinema lest they will end fantasizing more about these flicks instead of their priceless future. I am not being unfavorable for the movies but I am certainly not in the favor of their over dose either.

Anyway, so Ashmit was being stubborn about watching Iron Man 2 (though he has already watched it if not for once but for ten times if I am to say the truth). I was busy ironing cloths and Sumit was handling him by offering him some other board games. This incessant 'Yes-No' was going since a while. But Ashmit was stuck to his desire.

When Sumit couldn't get him convinced, he calmly said,

"So you wanna watch Iron Man...haan?" and then pointing towards me, he further added,

"I am giving you The Iron Woman. If I was ironing the cloths, I'd be The Iron Man. So happy now?"

My hands stopped ironing and my eyes darted towards his direction. Needless to say, I was highly amused and bemused simultaneously by the creative on spot narration of his entire new version of Iron Man and this time, Iron Woman too along!

Ashmit and I both paused for a second and then burst out into laughter. The laughter did the trick and this way, Sumit managed to get his son agreed for the board games.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stopping by to leave a comment? That's a good gesture :)