Saturday, 13 April 2013

Remember to put down the glass!

Below is an interesting piece expounding on how fatal stresses and worries can go. The same I had listened few years back into my kid's school function; delivered by the principal of the school. It was interesting that time too to listen such easy interpretation. Now when I read it again on Facebook, I remembered and thought it'd be wise to share this. 

                  

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone asked they'd be asked the "Half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired,

"How heavy this glass is?"

The answers floated as 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied,

"The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for an entire day, my arms will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change. But the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes." She continued,

"The worries and stresses in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them for a bit longer and they will start to hurt. And if you chose to think about them for an entire day, they will begin to numb and paralyze your senses."

It is important to let go of your stresses and worries. As early as possible is better. Don't carry them through the evening and into the night. Remember to put down the glass! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Stopping by to leave a comment? That's a good gesture :)